Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dusk in the Vineyards - I - a painting in process

Dusk in the Vineyards - in process • © 2012 Karen Lynn Ingalls

On my easel now - the canvas is 4' high x 4' wide, and the subject is a vineyard in Knights Valley at dusk. I began with a deep blue underpainting, and drew in my composition. The dark lines were my original drawn lines, covered over as I changed the composition.

Dusk in the Vineyards - in process • © 2012 Karen Lynn Ingalls

Here, I've defined the vineyard rows and structure of the trees a little more.

Dusk in the Vineyards - in process • © 2012 Karen Lynn Ingalls

The next step is bringing color into the large area. Looks nice and messy, doesn't it? It's better that way! Honestly... it makes the painting more interesting. We're also very, very early in its development....

Would you like to see more? You can see the rest of the process to date at my website, at http://www.karenlynningalls.com/1/post/2012/01/dusk-in-the-vineyards-i-a-painting-in-process.html.




No comments:

Post a Comment