Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Painting Abstract Landscapes - my workshop this weekend



I'll be teaching three more workshops this summer, Painting Abstract Landscapes this weekend, Soft Block Printmaking on July 24th, and Costumed Model Painting on August 14th, all at the Calistoga Art Center.

Painting Abstract Landscapes is a significant one for me; it gets at the heart of what I do as a painter, simplifying shapes and capturing the essence of a landscape, in pigment on canvas. There are many ways of approaching this – no doubt, one for every painter. We're going to dive into three different ways of approaching painting abstract landscapes, to give workshop painters a feel for the possibilities, an opportunity to try on different methods, to see what works best for them.

I've been very excited about the methods, and the painters I've been looking at as I prepare for this. We'll gather for it this Saturday, July 10th, at the Calistoga Art Center, 1336 Lincoln Avenue (2nd floor) in Calistoga, from 10 to 5. It's a full day, and it will be fun! In keeping with the times, I've kept the price down, so it's affordable, too. It's good for beginning or more experienced painters interested in diving right into the essence of landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment