Monday, June 27, 2011

Art demo at the Napa County Fair


I'll be doing not one, but two painting demonstrations at the Napa County Fair this year. I'll be there this weekend – Saturday and Sunday, July 2nd and 3rd. This year, though, I'll be painting inside the new Calistoga Art Center, which is a part of the fairgrounds. (That also means I'll be cooler!)

If you come by the art center, you can watch me paint and ask questions, you can watch or help assemble the art center's float for the Fourth of July parade, you can get involved in some children's art activities, and you can check out our beautiful big space – a great spot to come and get creative.

There's also lots to do at the fair to engage your senses and delight your creativity – including the art and photo exhibits to see.

I'll be painting from 5 to 8 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday. I haven't yet decided what I'll do – maybe a landscape one day, maybe a mixed media piece the next? Hmmm... maybe I'll bring some block printing info down with me, too.... If you're in town, I hope you'll stop by. The fairgrounds – and the art center – are located at 1435 North Oak Street in Calistoga, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment