Friday, November 20, 2009

Simple Pleasures: Show at Napa Senior Center

I just put up a new show of still life work at the Napa Senior Center. This is the first time I've had a show of my drawings – these are both small pencil drawings (I'll post one or two of them later) and larger graphite drawings with acrylics, like the two I've shown here, Thistle Bouquet and A Simple Repast II.

These were inspired by my students, as so many things are. Our conversations in class about still life, about composition, about using acrylics in a watercolor-like way, about lights and darks, about simple palettes, and about drawing ellipses – all inspired me to revisit these lovely subjects.

You can see this show, Simple Pleasures, at the Napa Senior Center, 1500 Jefferson Street in Napa, California, through the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment