Saturday, September 12, 2009

Two paintings that won't be in my Open Studios show

...but I love them and want to share them anyway....


August Sunlight and Shadow is one of those paintings that felt just right to me throughout the whole painting process - a rare enough occurrence. It has spent the last year and a half in the Sacramento offices of State Senator Pat Wiggins. It has been a joy to me to know that she loves my work (she also chose one of my paintings to use as the image on her holiday card last winter). I hope that it and my other paintings there may have helped brighten her and her staff's spirits as they've dealt with all the challenges these last legislative sessions have brought them.



Afternoon by the Lake was painted for the wedding of my friends Don and Michelle. We were neighbors on the small ranch where I used to have my open studios; the view from their deck had just a glimpse of the lake beyond the trees. I haven't yet seen where they've hung it in their new home in Oregon, but I hope it brings good memories and a bit of the spirit of this place back to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment